It's my first day back at work! It's been 3 days since my heart surgery and I feel like I've been transported into someone else's body.

You know what's really weird? I can feel my body metabolizing food differently. I have more energy. Even though I'm obligated to avoid anything strenuous for a month, I feel like I could run a marathon. I want to lift weights and climb trees and do Jujitsu... but I'm not allowed to yet. I feel like an ADHD 5-year old on pixie sticks who just got belted into a wheelchair.

So anyways, first day back at work! I hid Barky in Leo's man bag last night, so I have no octopodes to keep me company. =(

Fortunately, the office was quite entertaining today.

Our lobby makes you feel fancy. Ceiling to floor glass, and tile and shiny steel. What the average guest doesn't know, and what I didn't know until today, is that inside those fancy walls, we have rats. Today they decided to romp around and celebrate their existence. It caused a few of the call center girls great distress. One of the mans balanced on the cubicles and poked his head through the drop-tile ceiling in an attempt to find them.


What he intended to do with the rat, had he found one, I have no idea. I'm 99% sure he hadn't thought that far ahead.

Leave a Reply