Yesterday I purchased arugula lettuce because it was on sale. Today  packed a salad for lunch. Arugula lettuce tastes terrible. (I did not know this). Fortunately, it also looks like seaweed...


Click to view larger 
All the 'podes snuck home! (except Parky, who is still having a ninja adventure on Leo's Kawasaki.) We spent the better part of 5 hours taping limp lettuce to my cubicle's fabric wall and gearing up. ^_^

Their ship-building wanderlust (possibly in conjunction with anime-induced sleep deprivation and a sugar high) has inspired an important decision: My octopodes are going to travel all over the world! 

This is boredom drool on my desk being really excited.
Here's how it will work: 

I have friends on every continent except Antarctica. So I'll mail a 'pode or two at a time to go visit your exotic homes! Random Strangers, you are invited to host my 'podes as well. It'll be the bathtime version of Flat Stanley couchsurfing with garden gnomes. 

The only downside is that of my friends are 10th degree black belt procrastinators, and therefore likely to forget to return my beloved octopuses... We may have to work out a collateral system to guarantee that my babies always come home. 

(Update: Instructions for hosting a 'Pode here:
 http://mytravelingoctopodes.blogspot.com/p/host-pode.html)


Ha! You thought this post was over. But it's not! You are a prisoner here. 

Actually, nevermind. You can go. For now. But you owe me one. >:D







One Response so far.

  1. The Brian says:

    I really like that first picture

    ~The Brian

Leave a Reply