Leo ripped his toe shoes. =(



Hearsay said he was out hiking, and saw a lizard. Suddenly overcome with the boylike whims that compose the majority of his being, he gave mighty chase! Alas, the lizard had booby trapped his territory with growing things like unto bushes and rocks.

I dunno if he ever got the lizard or not, but he was so saddened by the rip in his beloved shoes that he abandoned them in Friend Mandy's apartment for the evening. Where I found them. And stole them. * mischievous face*

The rip was a jagged gash in the delicate mesh fabric. Bless my saintly mother for teaching me to hand sew! ^_^ I took the shoes to work and they were fixed by the end of my shift... (Heehee... I even tried them on... bahaha.... Don't tell Leo! He's been raving about how comfortable they are, so I've been curious.)

Leo rips a lot of his clothes, actually. =D I like fixing things, so sometimes he lets me patch up a jacket or shirt in exchange for one of his fabulous Cambodian stirfries. ^_^ This time I just fixed it for fun. When I gave them back, he was so excited that he squeaked. Squeaky Leo = well worth the time spent.

Extended exposure to Vibram Five Fingers has awakened a covet monster in me. The covet monster is a goopy gooey gooshy drippy creature that lives in my stomach. It starts out as a tiny, cute, black octopus with big eyes.




It gets bigger when I bounce. The little blobs of covet stick to the octopus and he absorbs them. =)

I covet these in particular! They remind me a globe! So colorful and full of joy!



Most compelling reason to buy: Leo said his knee problems went away when he started wearing them! Biggest hesitations: I think I'm 50% afraid that toe shoes would be the death of my fashion awareness forever, and 50% turned off by the cost... 

Meanwhile, I have creative solution to the "No Shoes, No Service" problem. I like being barefoot, and I don't feel like not wearing shoes just because someone tells me so. All the same, I don't feel like getting kicked out of stores or fooding places. Thus is born...


NON-SHOES!!!

They look like shoes... People assume they are shoes... but they leave the bottoms of my feet exposed. It's a fabulous compromise! Society is happy because my feet aren't naked! I'm happy because I can feel the ground! Idea conceived during yet another shockingly boring day in my cubicle. (Took about a week to hand stitch, but SO worth it.) 

All my hippie friends now have covetpuses. ^_^ 






Leave a Reply