Walmart does this awesome thing called price matching. It works like this: 


  1. Crappy produce store gets in a shipment of half-rotten fruit that they know they are going to have a hard time selling. 
  2. Crappy produce store marks down said fruit and advertises it in the paper, to con people into coming into their story and buying the produce that will mold in their fridge in two days. 
  3. Best friend Melanie watches local newspaper ads for good prices.
  4. Instead of shopping at each individual store to take advantage of all the sales which are actually trying to take advantage of us, Melanie and I go shopping at Walmart. We bring in the ads and Walmart will give us an identical item for the same price, no matter how good their produce is. Even if they are selling it to us as a loss. 
Today a back-alley Mexican store was advertising cherries for 99 cents a pound.

Walmart just got in a shipment of fresh, juicy cherries. Shelf price? $4 per pound.

Melanie and I made out like bandits. 

Four bags for Melanie, two bags for me, two bags for my
Nathan brother, two bags for Leo...

Melanie was very excited.
$50 worth of cherries = $12

I dropped off Leo's cherries and we chatted for a bit. When I got home I discovered a stowaway. Somehow Leo managed to sneak Parky into one of my bags. ^_^


Leave a Reply