Dear friends and followers,

I've decided to merge my two blogs, Confessions of a Perfect Person, and this one, Adventures of My Travelling Octopodes.

Confessions of a Perfect Person has been an anonymous blog where I explored my life struggles and shared my epiphanies, while hiding from judgement. I didn't want acquaintances to look sideways at me thinking, "You struggle with what?!?"

Adventures of My Travelling Octopodes has been a happy, bubbly rainbow place where I can dream and laugh and lighten my heart.

Our struggles and our dreams... We keep them separate, and I think this is a mistake.

I stopped posting in Confessions (stopped facing my problems) because spending too much time thinking about hard stuff weighed me down. I stopped posting Octopus pictures because my dreams weren't coming true. I hit a wall of massive depression, curled up into a ball for months and lost 10 pounds from anxiety.

Why do you come here? It's not really to live vicariously through a free-hearted girl who never grew up... It's because your life is hard, and you're looking for hope. I want to honor that.

If you only remember one thing about me, I want you to know that I struggledso much—but I never. gave. up.

You want hope? The colorful, laughing imp... that is still truly me. But lest you think only perfect people can live this life, I wish you show you my demons for the first time. I want to prove that no matter what scars you bear or what wounds are still festering, happiness is possible NOW. I want perfect people to know as well... it is okay to struggle. And it's okay for others to see your struggles... In fact, it helps.

I'm going to keep posting on this URL ('cause it's prettier) but the blog title is officially changing to Adventures of My Traveling Octopodes: Confessions of a Perfect Person.

It will be a combination of the two: I need laughter to get through the hard times. And I need a problem-solving chalkboard where I can confront the monstrosities that keep me from my dreams.

The true story at last.

Comments appreciated!

(Credit to Allie Brosh, author of Hyperbole and a Half for making me believe a sporadically posting blogger who sometimes drowns in sadness can still make a difference if they are honest. You made a difference for me. =)


7 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    I can't wait to read more of your post. My love and prayers are with you.

  2. Melody says:

    Can't wait to hear all about you. :) {{hug}}

  3. Unknown says:

    I am excited you are writing again :)

  4. Naw, I don't read this to see a perfect person. I read this because I love you. ;)

  5. TJ says:

    This is wonderful, Laura! When you can talk about the hard stuff, you are on your way through it. Acceptance is the first step, and it's hard to share it if you haven't even accepted it. I still prefer to sharing with "safe" people I know vs. blogging about all my baggage, but maybe this will be another forum where it's safe to share. BTW, I'm reading "Feelings Buried Alive Never Die" and it has been transformative.

  6. TJ says:

    Ug, this is TJ, not "Unknown".

Leave a Reply